My Travels on the Net

Showing you how to use the Internet to your advantange.

Friday, October 17, 2008

 

Comment SPAM: You Are an Idiot if You (or Someone You Hired) Do It

My blog is set up so that I have to approve comments. And like everyone else in the world, I HATE SPAM. So imagine how happy I was to get the following comment on my last blog post which was about copy writing from "Justin_AKL". According to Justin's profile, he's a programmer. I can tell from Justin’s comment that he is trying to get his site (or his client’s site, or the site he’s an affiliate for) to rank for "Article Post Robot" and "article submission sites". You can tell this because those are the words that are hyperlinked in his fake comment.



Making the rather questionable assumption that “Justin” is a real person*, as opposed to an outsourced company in India or South America that has no strategy behind internet marketing, Justin has screwed up on so many levels it warrants a blog post from me:
* When you go to the Article Post Robot website, all the glowing recommendations are for “David” not “Justin.”


Here’s why this comment is wrong in so many ways:



Congratulations. Your one size fits all approach to internet marketing has done more damage than good. Was that worth the time savings of automating your internet marketing campaign?

Labels: ,


Comments:
Elge, spam is a huge issue and a huge frustration. I think you may get a little more frustrated than me...! Spamming on sites with nofollow doesn't make sense at all. I don't have a problem with self promotion on my blog. The comment has to apply to the post though.

Perhaps they are lame enough to think that enough people will click on the link and visit the site? dunno.

Evolutionary theory doesn't make allowances for people at the bottom of the gene pool, what gives?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2007   February 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   September 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]