My Travels on the Net

Showing you how to use the Internet to your advantange.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

“Which newsletter format should I use” - I OWN this search phrase!

A couple of years ago I wrote an article “Text, HTML or PDF: Which Newsletter Format Should I Use?” I posted it to my website and I distributed it through www.SubmitYourArticle.com. As far as I know, I haven’t gotten any clients from it but just for laughs and giggles, I did a search on Google for “which newsletter format should I use” (with quotes) to see how well it ranked. There were 36 results. All of which were my article!

How is this possible? When I sent it out via
www.SubmitYourArticle.com, I gave subscribers to about 60 article database websites permission to reprint my article. On the plus side, they have to include my copyright info. On the down side, they don’t have to include a link back to my website. Fortunately, my website is first in the results.

Lessons learned:
- I don’t know how many people actually use this as a search phrase, but if they do, they’re going to find me.
- It’s more important to use a functional article titles than it is to use a “sexy” article title if your goal is to rank well.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2007   February 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   September 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]