My Travels on the Net

Showing you how to use the Internet to your advantange.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

You'll Enjoy Opening This Pandora's Box

I’m embarrassed to admit it but sometimes I can be a real Luddite. A few months ago a client started a weekly podcast I needed to listen to in order to help her market it. Listening to her podcast was no simple matter. I had to crank up the volume, lean in to the speakers and focus all my energy on deciphering the whisper in the distance. When I thought about it, I realized that I’d purchased my computer speakers in 1999. In computer years, that’s so old you’d need carbon dating to figure out their true age.

So last weekend I finally splurged and got new speakers. For $30, I got two speakers and subwoofer that make my surround sound stereo speakers sound like two tin cans and a string. I couldn’t believe the difference. It was like my monitor went from black and white to 3D color. All of a sudden, I’m willingly spending more time at my desk.

The first thing I did with my new world of audio was try out the music website Pandora. Pandora instantly became my new favorite website. You create "stations" by telling it what bands, composers or songs you like. Pandora then searches its database and plays music akin to your selection. You can then give it feedback, telling it what songs you like and which ones you don’t. It then further customizes play list. You can also listen to stations created by other users to find more music. Oh yeah, did I mention it’s free?

Check it out!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

January 2007   February 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   September 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]